Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Standing

November 9, 2016

This morning, I awoke to a world that was a little colder, a lot less kind, a lot less compassionate. Or at least my view of it changed. 

But...

I. Am. Still. Me.

At my core, I am still who I was yesterday. 

I've done a lot of soul searching to try and understand my place and responsibility in us being where we are today. Obviously I played a part, I am in this plane of existence, after all. 

And after contemplation, my core is still true to what I hold dear. I still really like who I am. 

Yes, I'm scared. Yes, I'm anxious. Yes, I'm worried.

But...

I. Am. Still. Me.

And I choose to stand. I choose to continue putting love, compassion, and kindness out to the world. I will not let fear dictate the words that I speak. I will not be terrorized into seeing others as threats to who I am. 

Yes, I am angry. Yes, I am heartbroken. 
And the world has enough vitriolic anger. 

So...

I will reach out to others.
I will hug others unreservedly.
I will smile without fear of what others will think of me.
I will love unconditionally.
I will stand.
I will dance.
I will drum.


If you need a healing hug, find me. 
If you need a dumb joke, contact me.
If you need to observe someone being goofy, watch for me. 

I will share joy.
I will stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Becoming Ancestors our Descendants will be Proud of

  4/2/22 Response to 2022 Academy Awards events Everyone has an opinion. Everyone has an opinion about the events that transpired at the 202...