Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Adversity

"In the face of adversity, we can't lose our courage, our humor, our decency." -Bobby Byars

I will stay courageous by choosing love, by protecting those who are TRULY persecuted & oppressed, and by being light in a dark time.
I will keep my sense of humor by laughing at things that are ridiculous and doing so loudly if the mood strikes me. I will also be willing to risk playing the Fool.
I will keep my decency by speaking my truth with kindness & compassion. I will listen to others with compassion and honestly try to understand them.
I will live fiercely.

I will love deeply.
I will Be.

I miss you, dad, and wonder what you would have said about this recent craziness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Becoming Ancestors our Descendants will be Proud of

  4/2/22 Response to 2022 Academy Awards events Everyone has an opinion. Everyone has an opinion about the events that transpired at the 202...