Monday, January 7, 2013

Holiday reflections

Isaac has a journal writing assignment where he has to write for 15 minutes.  I told him that when he is here, I will do the writing assignment at the same time.  Tonight's writing prompt was "write about your favorite part of your holiday break from the perspective of your front door".  Here's what I wrote.

Holidays are here again.  Once again, I have a new family living on one side of me.  
This year, this family has actually taken time to "deck the halls"...so to speak...since I don't really have a hall on either side of me.  It has been many years since I've been decked for the holidays.  

Lights twinkle, reflecting off the lightly tinkling chimes, aurifying the tones into peals of church bells.  Lights radiate in the snow, making the nuthatches and house sparrows glow with angelic light, transforming them from ordinary birds into tiny feathered cherubs of peace and joy. Lights sparkle, shining on the Christmas wreath hanging from the door hanger.

Laughter fills the air as snow fills the courtyard, making it a truly magical winter wonderland.  Carols drift through the falling stars. "Glory to god in the highest. And on Earth, peace, goodwill towards men..." 

And in my residence, love, joy, laughter, and fullness of hearts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Becoming Ancestors our Descendants will be Proud of

  4/2/22 Response to 2022 Academy Awards events Everyone has an opinion. Everyone has an opinion about the events that transpired at the 202...