Wednesday, April 18, 2012

NAU: Director-Alumni Relations/Community Outreach Cover Letter

Note:  I applied for a job at Northern Arizona University (Director-Alumni Relations/Community Outreach).  This is the cover letter that I included with my resume & application.  I was turned down, but, I personally really like the letter, so decided to post it here! I'm sort of sad that I didn't conclude with "...I look forward to working with the 'Harvard of Flagstaff'."  -gmh
 


Northern Arizona University
Job Title: Director-Alumni Relations & Community Outreach
Job 10#: 559060
Location: Alumni Relations


March 17,2012


To Whom It May Concern;

 
As a native Flagstaffian with Arizona roots that go back several generations, and as a
first generation NAU Alumna, I have seen Flagstaff and Northern Arizona University
grow from small enclaves with lofty goals to communities with worldwide vision and
global compassion. Our communities have embraced opportunities to be international
leaders and empathetic voices of future development.

I understand the vital role this position plays in the overall success of Northern Arizona
University. The Office of Alumni Relations and Community Outreach provides a
platform for continued growth and support between the communities of NAU and
Flagstaff. It offers an exciting opportunity to participate in the prominence and renown
of NAU and is a thrilling chance to share the marvelous community that is Flagstaff with
the rest of the world. I would love the opportunity to take on this challenge.
Flagstaff is a growing part of a global community. Northern Arizona University stands at
the leading edge of this growth. I look forward to being an active member of this
phenomenal team. 

Thank you for your consideration.


Sincerely,

GinaMarie Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Becoming Ancestors our Descendants will be Proud of

  4/2/22 Response to 2022 Academy Awards events Everyone has an opinion. Everyone has an opinion about the events that transpired at the 202...